Re: [opensuse] Error in Installation on JS20
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:30:24 -0400
On Thursday 20 April 2006 20:42, Bill wrote:
<snip>
> Partitioning
> * Create partition /dev/hda1 (23.5 MB) with id=41
> * Create swap partition /dev/hda2 (917.7 MB)
> * Create root partition /dev/hda3 with reiserfs
>
> Booting
> Configure a valid boot loader location before continouing.
> * Boot Loader Type: ppc
> * Location:
> * Sections: Linux (default)
> * Added Kernel Parameters: quiet sysrq=1
>
> Time Zone
> Language
<snip>
> So, I want to ask that which setting need I pay more attention?

Hi Bill,

The line starting with "Configure a valid boot loader location..." is telling
you to specify where the boot loader should be installed. The default
location would normally be the MBR of /dev/hda. SUSE's default Boot Loader
Type (on x86 architecture, anyway) is "Grub". Try these settings and post
back with the results, OK?

> Dose hard disk have to be partitioned before system set up?

No, the disk will be partitioned at the beginning of the installation.

regards,

Carl