Re: [opensuse] openSUSE logo: rights/restrictions?
  • From: Sonja Krause-Harder <skh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:53:33 +0200
On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 06:23:17PM +0200, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> a) is it permitted to use the openSUSE logo (opensuse.gif, as it is) for a
> link to opensuse.org on a Linux-oriented webpage?

Please do, spread the word.

> Any restrictions?

I think we still have no definite policy how to handle derivative
distributions - i.e. when you roll your own distro from our packages
(or in the build service when it will be able to do so) it is still
unclear if, and in what form, you will be allowed to use the (open)SUSE
name logo. For a simple link to opensuse.org no restrictions are known
to me.

Sonja

--
Sonja Krause-Harder (skh@xxxxxxx)
Research & Development SUSE Linux Products GmbH