Re: [opensuse] Massive PHP DDOS ??
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:21:20 -0400
On Thursday 20 April 2006 12:02, Marcel Mourguiart wrote:
> Hi, i have a web server with suse 10 ( php, apache, postnuke, etc ).
> My connection has been stop because MY server is making DDOS attacks
>
> Then i read this:
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/threatchaos/?p=310
>
> Is there a patch, link or what ever you can give me to resolf the poblem ??
>
> Sorry if this not the appropriate list, i'm just desperate.
>
> --
> Marcel Mourguiart

Sorry to hear about your trouble, Marcel.
I'd recommend you subscribe to the suse-security list and post your question
there.

For the record, one response to the article you cited describes this situation
clearly: "World of FUD Masters... the MS fanboys are out in force again. I
looked up PHP Arbitrary Code Execution and ANY OS that runs PHP is vulnerable
(that includes MS Windows). This is a 3rd party [not a Linux] problem."

Good luck!

Carl