Re: [opensuse] bug fix support by community
  • From: Hartmut Meyer <hartmut.meyer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:34:53 +0200
Hi,

On Thursday 20 April 2006 09:26, Christoph Thiel wrote:

> Ok, I should have phrased it like this: "... we have choosen to release
> other/optional/minor updates as an exception only." However, with the
> power of the openSUSE build service, we as a community might come to the
> conclusion that it actually makes sense to create a repository with fixed
> packages that covers all those littel bugs and glitches that you find
> while using the distribution. But it should be obvious, that something
> like this needs quite an effort by the community.

And that was the original proposal (if I understood it correctly).

What would be needed would be a clear communication towards the end user: a
commitment from SUSE limited to security and major issues (todays policy) and
beyond that a non-commited "community contribution".

Greetings from Stuhr
hartmut
--
Hartmut Meyer, NTS EMEA Partner Relationship Manager
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg