Re: [opensuse] bug fix support by community
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:43:04 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, jdd wrote:

> > So again I ask you, say you have found a spellingserror, how would
> > that get to me, a user, when you know it won't be done by YOU?
>
> why do you keep saying things you should know are wrong? YOU is _not_
> only for security. Novell choosed to not bugfix other than security, for
> evident reason (they concentrate on 10.1), bugzilla bugreport on other
> subjets are prone to be rejected.

The YaST Online Update has been used only for security and critical
updates in the past -- but there is no technical reason not to use it for
other/minor stuff, but we have choosen not to do this in the past. This
has been discussed many times on this list, so please let's try not to get
into this again now.

> others contributors understood my meaning;
>
> The yast example I gave was to show that right now it's very difficult
> to install yast sources locally. tgis kind of install could be a way to
> give not only bugreports but also bugfixes through bugzilla.
>
> I hope the new build service will be able to do part of what I aks for.

It definately will.

Regards
Christoph