Re: [opensuse] list of distro content
On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 10:15:09PM +0200, Richard Bos wrote:

> > > from which one?
> >
> > http://en.openSUSE/org/Pin
> > Just start editing. ;-)
> >
> > I think a powerfull and underestimated tool like `pin` deseves its own
> > page. I use an adapted version all the time.
> >
> > How is ARCHIVES.gz created? I would like to include it in makeSUSEdvd,
> > especially with the -a option.
> >
> > An official openSUSE website around this would also be great, although I
> > can imagine that the buildserver will have something like it.
>
> Yuu can use the following file:
> http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.1-i386/base/contlist.bz2
>
> It shows which packages are available. It's intended use is described here:
> http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/home.html#contents

I looked at it and found no content like ARCHIVES.gz. ARCHIVES.gz has much
more then just the name of the rpm.

>From the first lines:
--------------- Here comes contents of all files: -------------------
------ *.rpm *.tar.gz *.tar.Z *.tgz *.taz *.tar.z *.tar *.deb -------

You also get the RPM info and such. Not just the files. Especially the
Summary and DEscription are interesting.

houghi