Re: [opensuse] bug fix support by community
On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 05:10:35PM -0200, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> Unfortunately SUSE Linux 10.0 is poorly tested, leaving out many bugs.

Well, see that future versions are better tested. ;-)

> I'm even thinking about starting rolling Unofficial Service Packs for
> SUSE Linux 10.0.
> (why only corporates deserve fixes ? we - the community - too deserve fixes)

Uhm, sorry? What about YOU?

> I also believe that offline support must be available for stable
> releases - that is either Service Packs (like M$) or ISO releases (r1,
> r2 - like Debian Stable).

That is possible. Download them and burn them on a CD. The reason there is
no ISO has been discussed already.

<snip>
> more developers will write Yast Modules and perhaps more distros will
> use Yast (which in turn will bring us even more modules backported
> from other distros).

That would indeed be great, provided that they HAVE that documentation.

houghi