Re: [opensuse] bug fix support by community
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:41:30 +0200
houghi wrote:

> I think I am completely misunderstanding what the issue is here.
> First it was about spelling errors that could be solved by users, then
> is was about changes that should be done in Yast and now it is about
> making better bugreports.
> Very confusing to me, sorry.

It's not really that difficult, houghi. What jdd is proposing/suggesting
is that not only Novell solve the problems in the SUSE distribution,
but that they open it (somehow) for others to participate with bugfixes
(however minor or irrelevant). Perhaps I spot a problem in an apparmor
profile - I can correct it, then submit a fix/patch. After all, this
is usually the way OSS project work. Right now, opensuse seems to work
mostly by the community submitting reports, and Novell fixing the
problems.

/Per Jessen, Zürich