Re: [opensuse] SUSE version naming
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 20:10:36 +0200
Thomas Hertweck wrote:

> it's going to be changed at all), one needs to include the marketing
> guys in this discussion...

I know this. and I wont use technical arguments in front of
marketing people.

But I you say to them that clients are upset by they system,
may be you can have an answer. Mandrake started the year
number system. I beg the 2007 one is nearly released :-) but
it's better than nothing :-)

I would be satisfied by a "SUSE Linux Kaiman (10.1)" (for
example), even if the number is very small on the box :-)

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net