Re: [opensuse] [OpenSUSE] Oracle looks into buying Novell
On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 12:01:32PM -0400, Chuck Payne wrote:
> Hey, just saw this on Slashdot.
>
> http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/06/04/17/1350239.shtml
>
> Is good or bad, I am not sure how Oralce is on Open Source.

As I said on Slashdot
http://hardware.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=183316&cid=15142498
FTFA: Oracle *had* considered buying Novell Inc

The way I read it, it means: We looked at buying Novell, but instead will
be launching our own Linux distribution.

Oh and they are "considering" their own distro. So to sum the article up:
business as usual.

Absolute no decisions are taken and most likely nothing will happen. If
this were about Microsoft, the whole article would be called FUD.

Move along, nothing to see here.

houghi