Re: [opensuse] backup question to y'all
On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 12:30:42PM +0200, Jerry Westrick wrote:

<snip great explanation>
> Since this "Backup" directory is also accessible via samba,
> the users can go directly to the backup directory and get the
> backups themselves. The files are individually zipped so that each document
> can be looked at without long "restore" processes. (This is the entire
> restore procedure, and also helps understand the lack of documentation
> thereof).

Even then 1 alinea describing the above would be welcome. I first looked
at it and saw something like /usr/bin/storeBackupRecover.pl
More parameters to fill in an what if that is part of the problem?

I have personally experienced (and I am sure many others with me) that
restoring is much more importand then backing up. Backing up takes only
space and time for yourself and for your system. Restoring will recover
your data.

So when I started first looking for a backup tool, I started looking for
restore information. When that was not available, I started looking for
another tool. Restoring is what people are really interested in.

houghi