Re: [opensuse] Problem with Smart while "computing transaction"
  • From: "Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)" <netmask@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:42:23 -0300
Em Sáb, 2006-04-15 às 19:27 +0200, Daniel Bertolo escreveu:

> The real problem is that I have to restart the upgrade. So, smart is now
> computing the transaction again. Do you know, what the problem could be?

You have two problems, and I could give you two possible solutions:

problem#1 = smart takes time to compute the transaction

problem#2 = the upgrade process stops after a download failure

solution#1 = run smart in shell mode (smart --shell), this would solve
problem#1 and problem#2 since the transaction would be computed only
once (the first time you run upgrade it computes, then you run 'commit'
and it starts downloading); in this case, if the download fails, you run
'commit' again and it continues from where it stopped without the need
to recompute the transaction (this is the preferred solution)

soliton#2 = in order to solve problem#2 for future upgrades, please
contibute with your coments on this bug ticket ->
http://tracker.labix.org/issue115

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net <> Maceio/AL/BR