Re: [opensuse] SUSE version naming
On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 01:47:58PM +0200, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op zondag 16 april 2006 13:00, schreef houghi:
> > I personally would drop the numbers and go with dates. e.g. `SUSE 2005
> > Spring` instead of SUSE 10.1.
>
> Or use lizard types/sorts instead. I assume there are enough lizard types out
> there, to give out to suse distro's for the coming 10 years....

The confusion with names instead of dates or periods is that people have
no idea what is a newer version, unless they look it up. As an example I
will use flower names¹, because I am unaware of any lizard names.

Can you imagine the amount of questions that will ask: What should I
download, the Rose, the Tulip or the Butterfly? And then the answer is:
The Lilly. Don't download the Lotus, because that one is Alpha.

¹http://www.earthlypursuits.com/FlwrsPer/FlowerYear/FloraMeaningA-F.htm
So there could be an explanation, but it still would not stop the
questions. ;-)

houghi