Problem with Smart while "computing transaction"
  • From: Daniel Bertolo <daniel.bertolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 19:27:02 +0200
Hi

Today, I wanted to update my 10.0 to 10.1-rc1 using Smart package manager. I
added the new channels (apt-rpm from ftp4.gwdg.de) and removed the old ones
(expect suser-guru and kde3-stable as these are not available for 10.1 yet).

Then I did "smart update". Went flawlessly. Next, I started "smart upgrade".
Updating cache was normal, but at "computing transaction" smart starts using
100% CPU and computes all the deps for more than one (1) hour. But then, the
upgrade started normal.

Unfortunately, there was a download problem with the package "RealPlayer...",
so after smart finished downloading, it stopped the upgrade process. I
downloaded the file manually and put it into smarts package repo. But this is
not my problem.

The real problem is that I have to restart the upgrade. So, smart is now
computing the transaction again. Do you know, what the problem could be?
Shall I try it without the kde3-stable repo (= downgrading to 3.5.1)?

Thanks for help,
Dani

< Previous Next >