Re: [opensuse] Successfully updated via "smart"
  • From: Tim Harper <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 00:10:33 -0600
> From what I can tell, quite a few bugs have been fixed, however it broke my
> WPA connectivity with knetworkmanager.  It wasn't able to connect any more,
> so I was able to remove the packages and reinstall NetworkManager and
> knetworkmanager, wpa_supplicant and friends from again, and all worked fine
> and dandy.
Ok, I figured out what was wrong with knetwork manager and connecting to my
wireless network. I had to delete the knetworkmanagerrc file in
~/.kde/share/config/, and open up my kwallet and delete the network password.
That allowed me to get to the "connect options" dialog when trying to connect
again. Before, I was able to select "Automatic" for the WPA protocol, and it
would automatically select the right one. Now, when I select "Automatic", it
tries to connect with CCMP (i know this by opening up wpa_gui while
knetworkmanager is trying to connect). Interestingly enough, when trying to
connect to my wireless in knetwork manager, the only other option available
to me was "TKIP", the correct option. But, selecting Automatic would try for
CCMP.

This appears to be a problem with the NetworkManager package, and not
KNetworkManager, because if this symptom doesn't occur unless if I upgrade
the NetworkManager package.

To remedy the problem, I select TKIP for the WPA protocol when trying to
connect, and all works fine and dandy.

Does this make sense? Is this a bug? Any input would be appreciated,
thanks,

Tim