list of distro content
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:33:54 +0200
question about the content of the distro are very frequent.
The answer as to look at the index file is acurate but not
handy.

so we need a tool to show the list of available packages,
the version, this for any distro (at least stable and
current dev version).

I don't think the wiki is the place for that

I _do_ belieive that Novell have some place internally where
all this data is stored - else I don't see how they can
manage the distro :-)

So could it be possible to add on a task list the setup of a
public database interface giving this info? This would be a
great 'plus' for SUSE Linux :-)

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net