Re: [opensuse] backup question to y'all
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:06:35 +0200
houghi wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 09:24:25AM +0200, jdd wrote:
>> houghi wrote:
>>> Also looks nice. Less complicated then storeBackup at first sight.
>>>
>>> houghi
>> could you open a wiki page to summarise that thread? I have
>> too many things on the fire to get this one also :-)
>
> At this moment I do not see real content for a wiki-page. The only thing
> it would say is:
> Backup
> There are several backup tools:
> On the SUSE distribution
> 1 ...
> 2 ...
> Not on the SUSE distribution
> 3 ...
> 4 ...
> Other people use rsync for backup.

no.

one should add the reason why he use one or the other.

I use rsync because I don't bother to keep all the obsolete
versions
I have big files adited often or small files edited...

the reason why one app is used by one people and not by the
others

> I don't call that something worth of spending a page on.

if it's worth several mails, it's probably worth a page :-)

I think thinking
> about SLICK and SUPER is more important. (see other thread in Wiki and
> Factory)

completely different beast, may be o no importance if 10.1
1cd install is proved...

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net