Re: [opensuse] backup question to y'all
  • From: Herbert Graeber <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:37:08 +0200
houghi schrieb:
> I also looked at what SUSE has to offer concerning ready scripts and saw
> that nothing that I liked, an easy to edit script. I now use backup2l,
> wich is exactly what I want.
>
> The reason is that I do not want a GUI tool for backups. So what are you
> using that is on SUSE itself? Or do you run your own script? Have I
> overlooked some great script that is available?

I use rsnapshot (Url: http://www.rsnapshot.org/ ).

It uses rsync to make a full copy for each 4-hourly, daily, weekly and
monthly backup, but with all common files shared by hardlinks and allows
to call scripts for databases. For SUSE it needs only some minor tweaks.
Building a RPM for Packman is on my list.

Herbert