Re: [opensuse] official Novell translation team
  • From: Philipp Thomas <philipp.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:24:20 +0200
On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 02:11:09 +0200 (CEST), Carlos E. R. wrote:

>And for producing "info pages" or "man pages", I don't even see a menu
>entry in LyX for it, so I don't see how I could use it to translate man
>pages.

There are no GUI tools for doing that besides normal GUI editors like
gvim, xemacs, nedit etc. That means you have to write all the formatting
tags for either troff (man pages) or texinfo (info pages) yourself.

As for source formats, just grab any file from below /usr/share/man,
uncompress and then view it. Man pages are 'compiled' on the fly by the
man command which calls nroff to do the actual job. The sources for
texinfo pages are compiled by makeinfo.

Philipp