Re: [opensuse] official Novell translation team
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 07:30:58 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

> See? It doesn't work.

launch lyx from a xterm, the error messages will say what is
the problem

> How can it work, if the first error is «unknown declaration type
> "doctype"»? Has somebody tried the SuSE version of LyX before committing
> it to dvd? It doesn't work!
>
> I'm sorry, this has been a years long frustration to me. I like LyX idea,
> but it simply doesn't work. :-/

I fire LyX, push "new", type anything, view pdf and it works...

in the formats, linuxdoc is quoted "unavaialble"

> And for producing "info pages" or "man pages", I don't even see a menu
> entry in LyX for it, so I don't see how I could use it to translate man
> pages.

you need to contact the author of the page... it's not SUSE :-)

> That's what I do. Or did, with the only docbook text I tried. But
> sometimes we got into syntax error, and as the only person that knew the
> docbook thing disappeared of the net (the original language author), the
> translation project sunk. Even if we finished our part, we can't
> publish. Very frustrating.

I know that for tldp you can submit in any format, somebody
helps. did you try discuss@xxxxxxxx?

I need to go to work, now

more on that later :-)

jdd