Re: [opensuse] official Novell translation team
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 20:25:43 +0200 (CEST)

The Thursday 2006-04-06 at 14:32 +0200, jdd wrote:

> > What about people interested in translating things like man or info pages?
> > We can not say RTFM in spanish... I wouldn't even know how to translate
> > one of those files - technically, I mean, what software to use. Any gui?
> >

> probably see http://tldp.org

Yes, I've been there... but I get lost. I haven't seen a simple manual on
how to translate a man/info page. What to get, what to install, what
program to use. And of course, if it means learning a new language like
latex or docbook or similar, forget it: I want a gui. Minimum is Lyx, out
of the box, and "SuSEsified" (LyX has never worked for me out of the box).

I only find info on how to subscribe to several work lists... but not
direct info on how to do a translation: first I have to know how it is
done, see samples, before committing myself.

So... for the moment, I'm translating a program using kbabel. That was
very easy to find out how.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson