Re: [opensuse] ftp special access
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:06:41 +0200
Christoph Thiel wrote:

> As long as we are only talking about documents (i.e. PDFs), the wiki is
> perfectly fine IMHO. If there is other stuff that needs to be stored in a
> central place, let me know and we will figure a way to get this working.

right now I think of two kind of products.

* Documents/applications for presenting opensuse on
conferences. pdf are _not_ really applicable, we need more
attractive things.

* packages (tgz) for a course. In my admin course I need
sometimes stuff difficult to find on the net (or that may no
be found at the time the user need it). I use to store it on
my own server, but this is not really openSUSE friendly (I
think that all the openSUSE stuff should be on an ipensSUSE
repository) - examples are scripts done specially for the
course and too long to be given as <pre>.

this will probably not be so frequent, that is why a mail to
ftp@xxxxxxxxxxxx whould be nice. not for sending the file,
obviously, I'm not dumb, but to ask somebody to upload it
from any given source.

the problem is, how do we trust the file? Of course we can
trust each other in a small group as we are now, but there
are thousen of openSUSE members now and the system should
afford that.

I don't ask only for me personnaly, but as a policy :-)

and uloading to the wiki is definitively _not_ a solution :-()

thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net