Re: [opensuse] ftp special access
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:58:22 +0200
On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 11:26:09PM +0200, Christoph Thiel wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, jdd wrote:
>
> > for some kind of works (storing openoffice slides...), we
> > need a ftp repository for opensuse stuff
> >
> > _not for SUSE Linux_, but openSUSE.
> >
> > I don't think we can afford to open the upload to server
> > command, it's far too risky.
> >
> > so we should find a way;
>
> How about using the wiki upload mechanism? We already used it to store our
> FOSDEM slides.

Hahaha! Have you ever tried this? I once tried to upload my openSUSE LaTeX
slide style files upon Adrian's suggestion. The wiki refused them because
they are not images. My question how this is supposed to be done if only
images are accepted produced just silence. Thus I decided to put them to
http://pi3.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/~schiele/opensuseslides/ instead.

> > For example a page on the wiki for "data proposal", or an
> > e-mail address (ftp@xxxxxxxxxxxx???) where we could propose
> > our data
>
> Please don't misuse mails for sending data over the internet, this is not
> what it's supposed to do ;)

Well, provide an alternative! I mean _I_ have webspace available but not
everybody has.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele Tel.: +49-621-181-2214