Re: [opensuse] official Novell translation team
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:40:42 +0200
jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello :-)
>
> is there a mean to have contacts to the official Novell
> translation team?

You mean, those team translating the software? Subscribe to
yast-int@xxxxxxx, please (yast-int is "closed", but we can add
interested volunteers). It is a low volume list, mostly meant for
communicating project status.

> my purpose is to make the french translation of openSUSE
> compliant with the vocabulary used in the manuals
>
> I have a page here:
>
> http://fr.opensuse.org/Glossaire_d'équivalences_entre_l'anglais_et_le_français
>
> with some officials (government) french translation terms, I
> would like to have a similar thing from Novell. I beleive
> there are several translators and I could use some of they
> references or tools

http://www.novellglossaries.com might be of interest to you. It is
password protected, but we are allowed to make it available to our
translators. Honestly, I do not know what "our translators" means in
these times of openSUSE ;-) I'll ask them if you are interested in such
a resource.

--
Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation SUSE Linux Products GmbH

Key fingerprint = B2A3 AF2F CFC8 40B1 67EA 475A 5903 A21B 06EB 882E