Re: [opensuse] 10.0 floppies
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 17:29:40 +0200
Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:

> It's wasting space on CD1. And even more on bi-arch CDs. And they are just
> that rarely used.

i didn't see you can just make them from loader parts, so
easily :-)

> If they are that old, you're sure you want to run kde or gnome on it? :-)

who speaks of kde??? didn't you hear about windowmaker?

anyway, As use these computers as gateways, screenless and
so, graphics... I need only ssh access :-)

> Ehm, no. You want to run a 64-bit kernel for a 64-bit install.

ok. 64bits where rare (I've seen a linux on alpha...) but
with the new AMD...

> It's very trivial. It (basically) copies /boot/xxx/loader to a FAT-image and
> splits it in 1.44MB parts.

understood :-)

thanks
jdd