10.1 Beta 9 uses too high refresh for 1280x1024 LCD
  • From: Mark Gray <markgray-aka-nan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 03 Apr 2006 11:22:03 -0400
This is the same thing that happened when I installed SUSE-10.0 boxed
set on this machine -- when starting the install using the default
1280x1024 resolution, the installer uses too high a refresh rate for
my brand new HP vs17e LCD monitor H: 46.4 kHz V: 87Hz. The best
resolution for this device is 1280x1024 at 60 Hz (any higher refresh
leaves the screen blank). Selecting 1024x768 resolution allows the
installation to continue. Oddly enough the refresh it uses for
1024x768 is 60Hz.

Is there any additional information I should gather that can help sort
this out before 10.1 goes gold?

< Previous Next >