Devices on Desktop Stopped Working
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:04:34 -0600 (CST)

I'm not sure what happened, but one day I noticed that when I plugged in
my compactflash reader, although the device appeared on the desktop,
instead of konqueror opening /media/CANON_DC, it tried to open the name
of the device with media:/dev/sda1, which did NOT work. What changed,
where can I look to fix it, etc...? Does anybody have any idea what to
do here? I've rebooted a couple of times and other than that I'm not
really sure where to check. If I use a console, /media/CANON_DC *is*
mounted and I can access it that way.

--
Carpe diem - Seize the day.
Carp in denim - There's a fish in my pants!

Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>