Re: [SLE] Spam
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 02:08:56 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2006-01-31 at 16:09 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

> > SA needs some hundreds of spam email in order to learn efectively.
> > Perhaps 300..500.
>
> That's only if you use the bayes part.

Of course. But the OP mentioned "learn", and that means bayes.

> SA should be perfectly capable of
> picking a lot of spam without using bayes.

It should... but, for example in my case, it doesn't. There are may spam
emails I get that are not tagged by any other rule except bayes: I had to
increase the scoring so that a 99% mark by the bayes filter gives 5
points. On the other hand, I'm getting more false positives than a few
months back (and not by the bayes filter); some of those emails are also
examined by a commercial filter of the mail server, and that one gives a
correct score.

I don't like how SA is scoring spam recently...

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson