Question about 'net connection/sharing
  • From: JB <yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:20:02 -0600

Hi gang,

My girlfriend recently got satellite internet. Her daughter of course needs
to use it also (as will I soon).
I thought a router would be the thing to use for all 3 of us to hook into to
use the 'net, but a friend here said a hub/switch will be just fine.
Which is better? Which would allow all 3 of us to be 'online' at the same
time the best (meaning, which/what would try to even out the bandwidth we use
if all 3 of us were online at one time?)? Is the switch good enough? It seems
to be working well enough for the two of them as it is, but I'm just curious
if there's something that might be any better.

Thanks,

JB
--
Ragheads and illegal aliens...the world's cockroaches.

When a person's first acts in America are to illegally sneak in, lie about
their status, obtain fraudulent identification, deceive public services and
solicit an itinerant job in the underground economy, people have a right to
ask what sort of neighbor they might become.

< Previous Next >