Re: [SLE] Spam
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 10:50:18 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

>> SA should be perfectly capable of
>> picking a lot of spam without using bayes.
>
> It should... but, for example in my case, it doesn't. There are may
> spam emails I get that are not tagged by any other rule except bayes:
> I had to increase the scoring so that a 99% mark by the bayes filter
> gives 5 points. On the other hand, I'm getting more false positives
> than a few months back (and not by the bayes filter); some of those
> emails are also examined by a commercial filter of the mail server,
> and that one gives a correct score.

Interesting. I'm using spamassassin (amongst others) to provide a
service for our customers, and I'm not currently using bayes. The
hit-rate for SA is still very good - in the 95-98% range.

> I don't like how SA is scoring spam recently...

I have changed some of the scores, but usually to a lower level. And
I'm still using 2.64, not the 3.x series.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich