Re: [SLE] Picking a partition for windows in Vmware
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 11:15:33 +0100
Michael Behrens wrote:
> Susemail wrote:
>> How/when do I tell Vmware to install Windows on the nice new fat32
>> partition I made for it?
>
> When you create a new VM, add "physical partition" as harddisk instead
> of "virtual disk file". Maybe this works only on some of the VMware
> products. There are ESX. GSX and workstation...

I stand corrected :-)

When you do that you get loads of warnings about this being an advanced
user option, and that you can seriously break things - make system
non-bootable etc.

The instructions on how to do it are here:
http://www.vmware.com/support/ws4/doc/disks_instraw_ws.html

Question to the original poster... why are you asking this question on a
SUSE mailing list? Wouldn't this be better asked on VMWare support??
This isn't a SUSE problem is it?

C.