Re: [SLE] Fw: Terminal Services
  • From: "L. Mark Stone" <lmstone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:45:21 -0500
Quoting Sebastian Pederiva <spederiva@xxxxxxxxxx>:

I need to connect to a windows system through terminal services, and I want to know with which suse application can I do it.

rdesktop is easy and works just fine:

rdesktop -a16 -uadministrator -g1105x930 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

will get you a 16-bit color session on a Windows 2003 terminal server,
in a window measuring 1105x930 pixels, at IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,
and prepopulate the user account field in the login dialog box with
"administrator". Drop the "-a16" switch when connecting to W2K
servers (they only do 8-bit color).

tsclient is a Gnome front end to rdesktop, but it has a lot of
prerequisites to install if you are a KDE user. It seems it is
supposed to look like the native Windows Remote Desktop Connection
software package.

You can also try the NX Client, downloadable from
http://www.nomachine.com.

We are using the NX Client a lot more these days. Very slick...

HTH,
Mark

A Message From... L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC

"We manage your network so you can manage your business"

477 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 772-5678
Web: http://www.rnome.com

This email was sent from Reliable Networks of Maine LLC.
It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If you suspect that you were not intended to receive it, please
delete it and notify us as soon as possible. Thank you.