Re: [SLE] The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder
  • From: Emmanuel Briot <briot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 14:19:15 +0100
> From time to time Kmail on my Suse 9.3, KDE 3.5 frustrates me with the
> following information:
>
> Sending failed:
> Connection to host smtp.indo.net.id is broken.
> The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder until you either fix the
> problem (e.g. a broken address) or remove the message from the 'outbox'
> folder. The following transport protocol was used:
> Bonet direct

I have had the same issue as well, on Suse 10, KDE 3.5. That generally happens
at the same time that Kinternet displays an icon reporting a broken
connection. Even when the connection is back (and Kmail can download mail),
output email still stays in the output box. I also noticed several kio_smtp
processes running.
The only solution I have found is to reboot. Then the pending messages are
correctly sent.

regards
Emmanuel

< Previous Next >