Re: [SLE] The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:23:10 -0500
Hi Emmanuel,

On Thursday 02 February 2006 08:19, Emmanuel Briot wrote:
<snip>
> ... Even when the connection is back (and Kmail can download mail),
> output email still stays in the output box.

Have you tried double-clicking on the message in your outbox to open it and
then clicking 'Send' again? Also, don't confuse a legitimate server busy
problem with an error at your end. Your KMail settings don't normally change
on their own, so you should expect it to work the same way every time you run
it. What happens if you just forget about the problem for a couple of hours?
Does it clear itself up (or have you not tried this?)

> I also noticed several kio_smtp processes running.
> The only solution I have found is to reboot.

If you can see the processes running, that is the first step to learning how
to kill them individually. Before we get into that, though, how long are you
waiting before <shudder> rebooting? Are you certain those processes won't
eventually just time out?

- Carl

< Previous Next >