Re: [SLE] maximum nproc value
  • From: Michael Green <mishagreen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 22:56:46 +0200
On 2/2/06, Steve Graegert <graegerts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What's your kernel version, shell you're using, current ulimit
> settings. And, do you have the code of the fork bomb you ran? I'd
> really like to take a look at it. Thanks.

Mine is SLES9 SP1 (sorry for not posting this into SLES list), kernel
2.6.5-7.139-smp, hardware is IBM eSeries blade (HS20) equipped with
dual Xeon 2.8, no Hyperthreading, 2G RAM + 4G swap.

I've just disabled job dispatching to one of the blades and will try
forkbombing it as soon as users' jobs deplete from there. This may
take awhile though.

--
Warm regards,
Michael Green