Re: [SLE] mp3
  • From: bernd <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 16:36:53 -0800
On Monday 30 January 2006 10:21, Bryan S. Tyson wrote:
> On Monday 30 January 2006 9:31 am, Andrea Poloni wrote:
> > Hi, can someone sudjest me a MP3 ripper for suse 10.0
>
> Make wavs with cdparanoia. Encode to mp3 with notlame.
>
> Consider switching to open, patent-free ogg.
>
> Specifying quality rather than bitrate (to a very high quality
> mode) oggenc infile.wav -q 9 out.ogg
>
> Bryan

Bryan,

Thanks for this!!!

I was starting to rip my cd collection again, and extremely frustrated
with the quality of mp3 playback. Granted, I'm not playing on hifi
speakers, but it shouldn't sound that nasty!

I was looking at other encoders when your post hit the group.

WOW!!!

Simple tweak to the oggenc command line in grip, and wondrous things
happen!!!

Thanks very much!!

Bernd

  • No further messages