Re: [SLE] The message will stay in the 'outbox' folder
  • From: Emmanuel Briot <briot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:27:22 +0100
On Thursday 02 February 2006 18:01, Bob Rea wrote:
> You might try downloading mail first. This has worked for me in
> the past, when that happens. And do make sure it's a legal email
> address.

The address is legal, since the email is properly sent after the reboot.
I do not need to download the mail first in general (this depends on your smtp
server configuration, some require a download-before-smtp indeed, but this is
my companie's server, and we use SSL authentication instead).

I have noted that the problem occurs more often when the wifi card of my
laptop is active in the BIOS (even though I am connected through a cable
while at the office).
At such times, kio_smtp seems to block. In fact, running the "ip link show
eth1" command on the machine also blocks forever. killing kio_smtp doesn't
solve the problem, although it is properly respawned by kmail.

I have waited for several hours in the past, and the messages were not sent. I
haven't tried yet clicking on them and do a "send" again, but will try that
in future when it happens again (which is, fortunately, rare).

thanks
Emmanuel

< Previous Next >