Re: [SLE] maximum nproc value
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:47:35 +0100
Steve Graegert wrote:

>> I just ran the above via a remote konsole, and my 2-way machine
>> certainly _appears_ to be locked up. I'll have to make my way to the
>> computer-room to check out the local console.
>
> Sorry, to hear that. I've used this code for years in trainings on a
> couple of platforms. Never tried that on an Intel box running Linux
> prior to 2.6. Can hardly believe that 2.4 can be compromised that
> easily :-

What's interesting is - it reported CHILD_MAX = 999, yet your bit of
code was allowed to start 7000+ processes? (see my other posting)
This is not an area I've ever looked into - do I need to enable
something or other in order to have a cap on the number of processes?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

< Previous Next >