Re: Re[2]: [SLE] Mainboard selection
  • From: "David Bottrill" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:33:47 -0000 (UTC)

Philipp Thomas said:
> On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 20:49:16 +0100, Roland Turcan wrote:
>
>>OK, thank you for your reply, but I am still not sure, that SuSE 9.2
>>will work correctly.
>
> The 9.2 kernel will have problems with nforce4 based boards, but it will
> probably also have problems with nforce3 based boards. And you should
> keep in mind that maintenance for 9.2 will end in approximately half a
> year (if I've calculated correctly).

I can recommend the Abit KN8 motherboard, I just took delivery of one
yesterday along with an Athlon X2 4200 CPU. I was a bit concerned that
there may be problem but on a quick test with 10.0 and all the hardware
was discovered correctly and it just worked. OK I am runnign 10.0 but as
Philipp says support for 9.2 is almost running out. Support for X86_64 is
now very stable.

--
David Bottrill

david@xxxxxxxxxxxx