Re: [SLE] Spam
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:27:16 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

> Also, I think that quite some of those tests are redundant: if one RBL
> says that an IP or a domain is bad, some others will say the same. But
> that, I think, doesn't necessarily mean that the email spammines is
> higher. Those scores should not be arithmetically added, but some
> other type of algorithm should be used. Don't know what but kind of:
>
> only A says it's bad --> X points
> only B says it's bad --> Y points
> A and B says it's bad --> W points.
>
> where W should be perhaps the average or the maximum of (X, Y), but
> not the sum.

You can do that quite easily with SA - well, relatively easy. You'd use
meta rules, ie. rules that only work as part of other rules. Bit too
much to get into here, but it's really not too complicated.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - managed anti-spam and anti-virus solution.
Let us analyse your spam- and virus-threat - up to 2 months for free.