Re: [SLE] Printing on CD
  • From: Andre Truter <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:58:16 +0200
On 2/3/06, Silviu Marin-Caea <silviu_marin-caea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not a CD printer, but interesting anyway. Check out LaCie LightScribe.
>
> http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10614
>
> I was expecting it to be more expensive, but I see it's $79.
>
> k3b has support for LightScribe, AFAR

Looks very nice.

Unfortunately my customers wants to have colour pictures on thier CDs
and DVDs, but this might be a good one to add to my offerings to
customers.

I did, however discover that GIMP have support for printing on CD/DVD.
It has a template for it and it apparently works with Epson printers.
Stylus Photo R200 and possibly the R300 and R800 also.

I also discovered that the GIMP have another very interesting template.
Open the GIMP, from the menu select File->New and then click on the
Templates drop-down list.
The CD template is near to the end, but the template ust above it gave me laugh.

I have The GIMP v 2.2.9

--
Andre Truter | Software Engineer | Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 | AIM: trusoftzaf | http://www.trusoft.co.za