Re: [SLE] Open Office Impress question
  • From: bernd <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:01:35 -0800
On Friday 03 February 2006 14:03, Jerry Feldman wrote:
<snip>

> Try it. Create a dummy slide set with a title slide and a bulleted
> slide (under layouts, second row 1st slide). Then go to Insert/Page
> Number and make sure slide number is checked. The click on apply
> all. If you started with a blank slide you should see the page
> number on slide 2 (and slide 1 possibly if you did not check the do
> not show 1st slide). Then go to the master pages, panel, and select
> one of the other master pages. --

Jerry,

Thanks for making me go a little further!

Open Help > Adding a Header or Footer to All Slides! It'll walk you
through it.

Basically,

You can add a text object to the master page for your slides to act as
a header or a footer.
1.Choose View - Master - Slide Master.
2.On the Drawing bar, select the Text icon .
3.Drag in the master page to draw a text object, and then type or
paste your text.
4.Choose View - Normal when you are finished.

You can also add fields, such as the date or page number, to a header
or footer by choosing Insert - Fields.

You can hide the header or footer on the current slide by choosing
Format - Slide Layout, and clearing the Objects on background check
box.

It works fine with your default background, and should work with all
of them. I haven't found a way to tweak the font color with the
text, because format>character doesn't work for the content of the
frame, but format>text will allow you to animate it.

That should do you for this presentation. Before the next one, play
around a little more to see what else you can do.

Bernd

< Previous Next >