Re: [SLE] pine issue
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 03:23:54 +0100 (CET)

The Friday 2006-02-03 at 20:05 +0100, vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I would like to divert different emails to different folders in Pine.
> For example, emails with subject pattern [SLE] to SLE_FORUM folder, emails
> with [YUAM] to YUAM_Forum folder and so on.
>
> I figured out that in SETUP>Rules>Filters I can define this task adjusting
> parameters as follows:

Pine's help says:

| The software which actually delivers mail (the stuff that happens before
| Pine is involved) for you is in a better position to do mail filtering
| than Pine itself. If possible, you may want to look into using that sort
| of mail filtering to deliver mail to different folders, delete it, or
| forward it. However, if you'd like Pine to help with this, Pine's
| filtering is for you.

So... I use procmail for distributing incoming mail into different folders.

> Subject Patern: [SLE]
> Filter Action: Move to Folder List SLE_Forum

Use instead the "X-Mailinglist" header.

In procmailrc - for example:

:0f
| /usr/bin/formail -bfi "Reply-To:suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx"
:0 a:
$HOME/Mail/lists/suse-linux-e

> How to tell Pine to divert emails with [YUAM] subject pattern to
> YUAM_Forum folder and other subject patterns to coresponding folders?

Pine has quite some extensive online help that explains how to do it.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson