Re: [SLE] Strange cups/enscript behaviour, protection problem? SOLVED!
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 14:12:33 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Feb 6 20:53 Peter Sutter wrote (shortened):
> The kyocera
> fs-1010 network printer is set to A4 and does not print letter size
> pages, it just does nothing, i.e. flushes the data. I tried the
> same with a hp laserjet, which prints both, a4 and letter

Have a look at both printer's manuals.
Often you can set for paper selection something like "automatic"
or "nearest size which fits" or "automated scaling" or "fall back
to A4" or similar stuff.
I assume the Kyocera prompts for Letter paper (watch the printer's
display) and after a timeout it discards the job because what else
could the printer do if it is set to print only on exact matching
paper except waiting infinite which would block subsequent printouts.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5 Mail: jsmeix@xxxxxxx