Re: [SLE] An idea for YOU and SUSE
  • From: Allen <slackwarewolf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:59:10 -0500
On Friday 10 February 2006 7:04 pm, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Friday 10 February 2006 16:40, Allen wrote:
> > I'd like an option in there somewhere where you can tell it not to
> > display certain updates. Like for the language packs. They take up quite
> > a bit if screen and I don't need them.
>
> Where are you seeing these 'language' updates?? I just did a YOU update
> of about 25 updates and nowhere on the screen did I see anything that I
> would consider superfluous.... other than the WAN or nVidia drivers and
> although they aren't important to me, they a) are important to many and b)
> amount to about 5 line entries.
>
> No, I wouldn't consider your option important.

So because you alone don't seem to have what every installation here has it's
not important? It's SUSE 9.3 Professional, and the language packs as I
pointed out and for some reason you couldn't comprehend are OOo packages that
I don't need, there are around 12 or more of hem and no way to tell it NOT to
display it.