Re: [SLE] SPAM:
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:38:44 -0500
On Tuesday 21 February 2006 08:18, Michael W Cocke wrote:
> >Has anyone experienced a sudden crash when using reiserfs on one partition
> >and ext2 on another?
>
> I've never been successfully able to use resierfs for more than a few
> weeks, but I've never figured out why. I've searched for messages
> about this for a long time - A few other prople have had problems, and
> many have not. Never found a reason or pattern.

I had a problem running *adjacent* ext3 and reiserfs partitions on the same
physical disk. When I distributed the filesystems to partitions on different
hard drives, my file corruption problems went away. Eventually, I determined
that it was a limitation in the driver for the IDE controller chip used on
the mainboard. IOW, these problems/stories are sometimes tied to specific
hardware but the filesystems are 'blamed.'

Carl

< Previous Next >