Re: [opensuse] problems with making initrd

Yes you must recompile the kernel,

zcat /proc/config.gz | grep AMIGA
# CONFIG_AMIGA_PARTITION is not set

install kernel-source
cd /usr/src/linux
make menuconfig #activate the AmigaFS (Filesystems --> Miscellaneous
filesystems ---> <M> Amiga FFS file system support) M for support as
module or * to built in make rpm
rpm -i /usr/src/packages/RPM/<arch>/kernel-*.rpm
cd /boot #check the symlinks (ls -l)
create the initrd an have fun.
If you unsure uninstall the original kernel only from the rpmdb with
rpm -e --justdb kernel-default or your kernel and
change /boot/grub/menu.lst cp the original entry and append the kernel
version like:
title SUSE LINUX 10.0 (default)
kernel (hd0,7)/vmlinuz-2.6.13-15-default root=/dev/hda9 vga=791 selinux=0 splash=silent resume=/dev/hda6 video=vesa:ywrap,mtrr showopts
initrd (hd0,7)/initrd-2.6.13-15-default

If you speak German here is a HowTo to build a vanilla-kernel
http://linux-club.de/viewtopic.php?t=10810 and a HowTo for 2 Kernel
http://linux-club.de/viewtopic.php?t=21685

Oliver Bengs