Re: [opensuse] Atheros wireless drivers in Suse 10.1 Beta3
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 15:12:07 +0100
On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 11:09:37AM +1100, Steven Lamb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have searched the extras directories and rpmfind.net for the
> kernel-default-nongpl-<version>.rpm but I am unable to find it.
>

> Does anyone know if this is available yet? I managed to find the beta2 rpm
> of the non gpl drivers but the kernel version does not match.

I am wondering why this was not announced yet too. *sigh*

The idea is no longer to ship binary only drivers anymore.

Everything binary only will be handled by a so called "Driver Process"
in seperate RPMs.
I have mentioned the design papers (how to build KMPs) to -factory some days.

So the Atheros driver is one of those that will go into a seperate
RPM too.

Ciao, Marcus