Re: [opensuse] Atheros wireless drivers in Suse 10.1 Beta3
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:17:01 +0100 (CET)
On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:

> > I have searched the extras directories and rpmfind.net for the
> > kernel-default-nongpl-<version>.rpm but I am unable to find it.
> >
> > Does anyone know if this is available yet? I managed to find the beta2
> > rpm of the non gpl drivers but the kernel version does not match.
>
> Seconded: kernel-smp-nongpl in /suse/10.1/SUSE-Linux10.1-Beta3-Extra is
> missing.
> Dear SUSE people, please hurry to deliver. ;-))

For all I know the kernel-*-nongpl packages have been blocked for Beta3
intentionally. Andreas can probably give some more details on this.

To work around this, I'd suggest you guys get kernel-*-nongpl packages
from http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/projects/kernel/kotd/

i386 => i386/HEAD
x86_64 => x86_64/HEAD
etc...

Don't forget to update kernel-default and kernel-source as well from that
source, to make the versions match ;)

Regards
Christoph

< Previous Next >