Refreshing the source in yast2 sw_single should be skippable
  • From: Silviu Marin-Caea <silviu_marin-caea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:39:05 +0200
Say, if I want to install a single package that I know it's on the media, I
have to wait for yast2 to complete refreshing all the installation sources
that I have defined. And some of them are large and are on the internet.

There isn't any way to skip the refreshing just once, this time.

Consequently, a task that should take 1 minute takes 10. Not optimal.

If yast2 sw_single + YOU is going to be replaced soon with something from the
grander vision, very well, then it's not justified spending resources on
this. Else, some buttons or CLI options that will skip the refresh wouldn't
hurt.

< Previous Next >